Thank you for visiting the online home of the Wesley Chapel Athletic Association! The WCAA serves over 3,500 Wesley Chapel area families by offering over seven youth and adult sports programs. You can visit our individual sports programs by accessing the top level menu navigation above. The Registration menu option will provide a consolidated view of current open sports registrations.
See you at the fields!
To: All WCAA Board Members, Sports Committee Members and Families
The WCAA is one of the largest volunteer managed youth sports organizations in Florida with a passion and mission to provide the best possible youth team sports experiences for the children of our community. Most of our members may not be aware that it takes literally hundreds of volunteers to manage and operate our various sports programs serving over 3,500 Greater Wesley Chapel area families.
Today we are soliciting applications for volunteers for a number of vital leadership positions currently open. A list of these positions with a short description are provided below. Please review these open positions and contact us if you are potentially interested or would like to schedule an interview. All WCAA Board positions are volunteer positions and do not provide financial compensation. We are looking for special individuals that are willing to invest in making the WCAA the best possible environment for our kids to enjoy team sports.
Thank you for your support and patronage of the WCAA!
The Secretary position is an Executive Board voting position with the following roles and responsibilities:
· Responsible for providing guidance and structure for Board activities and proceedings
· Subject matter expert on matters relating to correct organizational procedures, such as the By Laws
· Captures, stores and disseminates meeting minutes for General Board and Executive Board meetings
· Primary point of contact for any matters requiring the attention of the General Board of Directors
· Leads the election process and Election Committee which is responsible for filling the slate of candidates for General Board positions
The Comptroller position is an Executive Board voting position with the following roles and responsibilities:
· Develops budgets and budget standards for all sports programs and general fund spending activity
· Identifies general fund spending patterns to seek cost efficiencies
· Collaborates with the Treasurer to manage and improve overall P&L performance
· Review and audit specific sport budgets and spending activity
· Formulates and provides recommendations to the Executive and General Board regarding fiscal performance and strategy
Director of Website and Registration
The Director of Website and Registration position is a General Board voting position with the following roles and responsibilities:
· Operates the primary WCAA website platform and advisees individual sports committees on self-service content and registration tools
· Manages and operates shared technology platforms including e-mail, domains, voicemail service and online registration
· Assists Board Members and Committee Members with technology related issues and questions
· Formulates and provides recommendations to the General Board regarding use of computer technology and software for the benefit of the WCAA
Director of Sponsorship
The Director of Sponsorship position is a General Board voting position with the following roles and responsibilities:
· Develops and implements sponsorship and fundraising strategies to enable the WCAA to offset costs associated with day-to-day operations, thereby keeping costs low for our families
· Assists individual sports committees with developing sponsorship programs and fundraising activities
· Solicits sponsorship and fundraising arrangements with local businesses and organizations
Director of Field Management
The Director of Field Management position is a General Board voting position with the following roles and responsibilities:
· Coordinates with County Officials relating to the use and maintenance of shared facilities and fields for WCAA programs
· Manages maintenance schedules and vendor relationships for the purposes of maintaining and operating assets used by the various sports programs
· Recommends strategies and action plans to optimize use of shared assets such as field space and equipment used by multiple sports
· Organizes and manages the annual WCAA Board election process in coordination with the Director of Volunteers
· Leads procurement activities relating to purchases that apply to multiple sports programs
The WCAA is proud to partner with Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel!