Wesley Chapel Baseball Season FAQ’s
1. When does the Fall/Spring Registration start/end?
● The Spring Registration Starts November 11th and ends January 12th, 2019.
2. When does the Fall/Spring 2019 Season start/end?
● Spring - Team Pre-Season Practices start Saturday January 26th.
● Spring - Opening Day and the 1st Game is scheduled for Friday February 28th.
● Spring - The Regular Season last game will be on May 4th.
3. When are practices?
● All Divisions will practice two times per week before games start, as follows:
● T-ball - one practice during the weekday and one practice on Saturdays
● A-Ball - one practice during the weekday and one practice mid-afternoon on Saturdays
● ROOKIES - one practice during the weekday and one practice on Saturdays
● MINORS - one practice during the weekday and one practice mid to late on Saturday
● MAJORS - one practice during the weekday and one practice mid to late Saturday
● Juniors Babe Ruth - one practice during the weekday and one practice on Saturdays
NOTE: In addition, a batting cage night will be assigned to MOST divisions.
**Days and times are subject to change and will be posted prior to the start of the season.
4. How many games will teams play?
● Most Divisions will play between 12 to 15 games per season.
5. When are games played?
● All Divisions will be scheduled for two games per week. **
** Final schedule will be released prior to opening day.
6. What equipment will players need?
● All players will need a glove, bat, cleats, and a helmet. Helmets with a facemask and chinstrap are required up to the MUSTANG division. Any player who plays as a catcher is required to wear a protective cup.
7. What do registration fees pay for?
● Registration fees pay for uniforms (hat, jersey), equipment, game balls, insurance, umpires, field lights, and other expenses.
8. Do players receive trophies?
● Not in the Fall. In the Spring Season, a Division Championship trophy will be awarded to division winners.
9. What uniforms are provided to the players during the season?
● In the Fall season, we provide shirts and a hat/visor.
10. What division can I register my child to play in?
● You can only register your child in his league age division. Please refer to the age chart for division selection. No player is allowed to down a Division.
11. Can I request a specific coach or team because of…?
● Due to the number of participants/teams, we are not able to honor specific requests, other than to accommodate siblings on the same team.
12. What is the WCAA Baseball Refund Policy?
● There will be a $30.00 administrative refund fee for all refunds requested before registration ends. Any refund requested after the registration deadline will incur a $50.00 administrative refund fee. No refunds are issued once team set up is completed.